LIT Lessons Newsletter – August 2020
LIT Lessons Newsletter
…using literature as a lens to study the world
NEW NOVELS SPOTLIGHT
Worthwhile reads coming out in August 2020
MORE RESOURCES FROM LIT LESSONS
Meaningful Message: Words of inspiration, motivation, or reflection
- “True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.” (Arthur Ashe)
Relevant Read: Topical read chosen for the inquisitive but busy educator
- Intrinsic motivation will matter more than ever this year. The way we use grades plays a part in that motivation. Alfie Kohn helps us consider what grades actually mean in this thought-provoking piece.
- Why Can’t Everyone Get A’s?
Resource Round-up: Thoughtfully selected material to help with teaching and learning
- Know Your Why Video by Michael Jr.
- Use this video to ground yourself for the year ahead. You can also use it with your students to help them establish goals and foster intrinsic motivation.
*LIT Lessons participates in the Amazon Associate Program and earns a fee from qualifying purchases made on the Amazon.com site.